Colleagues, it seems to me that the common theme of our collective discussion should be the search for mutually acceptable solutions not only in creating a physical interactive learning environment (safety Park), but also in the use of computer technology for the development of competencies to create a safe behavioral model of the construction industry.
Modern means of personnel training, which are based on the use of computer technology, provide ample opportunities in Modern means of personnel training, which is based on the use of computer technology, provide ample opportunities in choosing different forms of presentation of educational content. Some of these technologies serve only as a tool to modernize the presentation and presentation of traditional forms of learning content in a new form, such as lectures, problem books, tests, etc.
Such forms of training, with all their richness of information, colorful presentation and speed of presentation of educational material, are not forms having the properties of interactivity. Of course, we will use such forms of training content in our training programs. However the main (we all remember about this!) within the framework of the project, the task is to involve in the learning process the psychological aspects of the employee’s activities in his workplace.
In my opinion, the most promising here is the technology of Virtual reality. And I want to offer its use in our project.
Virtual reality is an ideal learning environment. The perception of a virtual model with a high degree of reliability allows you to quickly and efficiently train specialists in various fields: aviation, medicine, process control, remote control of technical means, driver training, etc. Education using virtual reality allows you to visually conduct lectures and seminars (figure 1), conduct trainings, show students all aspects of the real object or process, which in General gives a tremendous effect, improves the quality and speed of educational processes and reduces their cost.
Virtual reality is used in those areas where a person for effective perception requires not just a three-dimensional image of the observed object, and it is necessary to immerse the observer in the world of the studied model for more effective perception and interaction with it: where the observed objects and data are very complex or very important reality perception of objects. Virtual environment allows a person to feel a part of the investigated world, excluding all possible interactions with the real world (immersion effect). This effect is a specific difference from the usual three-dimensional graphics systems widely available on personal computers.
Moving from theory to practice of our activities, I propose to speed up the procedures for the development of electronic content in April to hold a Skype seminar, where to discuss and develop a common solution on the following issues:
- What computer technologies to use in the development of e-learning content
- Agree on the list of forms of electronic educational resource (based on the feasibility and its capabilities).
- Decide on the choice of technical means and their characteristics, which will be used to solve this problem.
To participate in the seminar I propose to attract potential or existing developers.
- S. To our seminar offer to discuss the preliminary announcement to one of the forms of lessons:
- Implementation of the project will be carried out using the game engine “Unreal Engine 4”. A virtual room will be created in accordance with the actual drawing of the building, where future specialists will be trained. The user will be given the opportunity to interact with the created scene and control the character using the keyboard and mouse. You will also be given the opportunity to select the required training lesson or complete the course in the created tab “Menu”.
- The result will be a complete console application based on the operating system “Windows”, which can be run on any computer with the recommended minimum requirements.